A Warm Summers Day
Then he took me to Hogwarts where I stood in a trance seeing the silhouette set against the beautiful summer sun. But when the sun took it first peeks through the blinds ,I realized that harry potter coming and taking me to Hogwarts was another playful creation by the mischievous abyss of my mind.Although the sun rays motivated me to get up,the reason I jolted out of bed was because it was the start of the summer vacation.You know,Its not that school is boring that makes us happy in holidays,but the nothing-to-do-feeling has something about itself that makes us feel light.
I prefer to read the newspaper while eating actually although It me makes me eat food slower the dramatic slow motion scenes in Hollywood which I find quite amusing.I flip through the newspaper to the interesting parts like science ,skipping the news of gory accidents(which media nowadays puts right on the front page seeing to that the unpleasant images fill half of it.)and the politics which saps most of the energy out of me.
Summer also saw two new pals entering my life.More lovable and joy giving than the opportunistic majority of friends of the modern age(who are in fact only dedicated to their gadgets).Those little buddies were two parrots and two delicate lovebirds,when into whose eyes I looked,I found the innocence that the world had lost to time.I spent a little time wondering how their world was so different to ours,no jealousy,treachery or maligned thought processes.Why did humans ever evolve?What was the need?Maybe Mother nature wanted to show the good beings of earth what evil looked like ,when we assaulted mother nature our self.
I have to admit that summer in India is not as beautiful as in the U.K ,where I lived for 7 years.In India,the summer seems exaggerated.The heat burns your skin to defeat and messes with your senses.Actually it cankers beauty.But in the U.K the summer season actually reveals another dimension of natures splendid beauty and the heat knows where to stop unlike in India.I still have vivid and crisp memories of the different summers I spent there.One in Brighton beach ,the waves coaxing my senses and the sun cuddling me,creating a cocoon of warmth.Another summer ,I walked through the gardens of William Wordsworth`s house.In the house,the most captivating to me was not the beautiful poetry pieces slid under his glass table,but the uncommonly calm view from his window.Summer in Scotland was an experience which still hangs on confidently to the walls of the deep abyss of my mind.
My summer evenings (the best part) are usually spent sipping tea in my favourite glass while reading my favourite books of Dan Brown ,J.K Rowling and Khaled Hosseini all of whose writing always leaves me in an enjoyable trance of thought.Yesterday ,The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini left me in a similar trance and Hassan kept flashing in my dreams.
Another part of summer is Mothers skilled cooking. There's a special pleasure in hearing and smelling the sizzling onions when she tosses them with skilled hands.And there is of course the fun badminton games .Fun ,even though sometimes I end up thinking the cork had a mind of its own when it travels and lands somewhere amazingly far from the place intended.
This summer also saw my uncle coming from Kerala to spend some time with us in Mumbai.The pillow fights though meaningless was truly fun and couldn't count the hours I played Temple Run on his smartphone trying hard to keep that poor man from falling into giant abysses and saving him from amusing man-eating plants.
I spend the sultry summer nights enjoying the cool breeze of my air conditioner ,writing my diary,wrinkling my brow in an effort to remember the intricate details of my day,partly wishing I had an eidetic memory like Robert Langdon. I really enjoy talking and discussing with my father over dinner about topics varying from how my day went to a release of a new gadget to a lame speech by a sulking politician.I spend a part of it listening to music of my favourite band , imagine dragons ,filled with energetic beats and rhythms.Then with the breeze of my air-conditioner still keeping me from the sweltering humidity,I doze off in expectation of another bright sunny summers day.......
Comments
Post a Comment