A Stride through God's own Country
As the godly existence flung his axe at an inconsiderable piece of land , an unknown horizon and its soil became a home to one of the most known states and an extravaganza of culture and religion. In other words it became Kerala.Nestled between the ocean and the landmass , Kerala offers a great contribution to the history and heritage of our country.Its cultural importance lures me towards it. Kerala is one of the places where even time stopped to take a glance at its beauty.
As I stride through its villages and countrysides ,the paddy fields greet me with their lush green colours and the palm trees wave their coconuts and brush them gently with their leaves like a mother does to a child .My eyes , overwhelmed didn't know where to look.
As I drift of to the cultural capital - Thrissur ,the proud winds tell me of it's golden role in the unmatched impression on the people around .I enjoyed the famous festival of this town,the 'Thrissur pooram'. The festival was a glamorous show.The elephants with their golden plates on their trunk were lined up, staring at the crowd with a proud feeling.Trumpets blew ,crowds cheered and the statue of Lord Shiva glistened in the undeterred rays of the sun making us feel the omnipotent and omnipresent energy.
I,now travel to one of the towns, not too important but not considered insignificant : Palghat. The population thrive here. And the the natural beauty of its villages and paddy fields create the face of the whole place.I love to rest on the smooth barks of the coconut trees and listen to the songs of the birds and watch the grass ,plants and trees stare at me as if I was a trespasser.
Another preeminent element of Kerala is it's exquisite cuisine and food . It`s food is renowned for its unique and spicy taste. South Indian food is the favorite around the globe .
Kerala is a state that is considered important in most of the fields like art,food,culture and many more.Kerala is like one of mother nature`s adorned child .
It has always fascinated me because of it's peculiarities and it can be perfectly described as the 'Gods' own country'.
Comments
Post a Comment