When Night Settles In
Silence.We have many times heard that silence can work wonders.In between the noises of this restless world,for a minute I shut everything out,In that short period, every second was filled with realization. I thought about many things but something hit me like a boulder.The soft ticking of my wall clock.I realized that time was travelling fast,unstoppable,like west ponentes breath.The absence of silence had dangerously covered up the realization that the 4th dimension was not waiting for us.I shook of the stun that this revelation had cast on me. Many hours passed.Amazingly I never had the same thought about time that i had had in the morning.The sun dimmed like a battery about to empty.I had read the last page of my geography chapter.I have never been able to decipher the reason why only geography made me feel like a kettle boiling dry.The names of places ,their weather,characteristics,etc.have always left my brain in the state of a ball of string after a cat had been done with it.After I had untangled everything and put all the facts in place ,I closed my book and returned it to its enclosed abode. I lifted up the blind and opened the windows.
A sweet gush of air greeted me well.When I turned the light off ,the view ,which always seems,dry and dusty in the daytime now appeared to be beautiful.Lights flickered in the horizon as the night gradually rendered dormancy to the city . My gaze changed direction.The final set of cars were those of people returning from work .The headlights seemed blindingly bright in the darkness.I explored the night with my eyes and slowly looked up.
I had never thought the stars could be so beautiful In the dark velvet of the night sky,the stars shone like luminous pinpricks .They seemed so insignificant ,but their beauty is so magnificent that it filled up my mind.There was something about these small dots that all the other people ,those labourers,the the horizon all disappeared.and my eyes bored into the cloud layered sky. I started to rewind.
A blissful playback.Not only of the day that had passed , but also the many phases of my life that had been engraved I into the deep abyss of my mind. Of course the day is a necessity but for me, the beauty of night is enchantment.Maybe, it is humans natural instincts that lure them towards mystery.Maybe Im not the only one who sees night and its beautiful adornments with a sense of curiosity. But one thing is for sure, night, stars mainly, not only help me to clear out all my thoughts but for me it is a cellist for thought and imagination.
I sometimes ponder upon the life I had in London.All those faces run through my mind like clippings from an old movie. But I realized something that I had never thought of in my many years of admiring nature .Such diminished objects that stand their like strangers, the hidden beauty of night and the moon and her silvery light had made such a difference in me.I learnt not to neglect however small or insignificant anything may look .In our ultra modern lifestyle, which has never stopped being restless and hectic, let us stop to take a look and absorb these small , always neglected, elements which will help us to make life a celebration.
Comments
Post a Comment